Thursday, November 5, 2009

Lap Counter and Lake Pleasant Tri

I have been meaning to blog about how much I love my lap counter but have been too too lazy. So I'll say it now and say it proud. I love my swim lap counter. It is awesome and I highly recommend it. I think a large part of the reason is that I lose count after 10 laps or so. Now I can just focus on my stroke, rather than repeating over and over the lap that I am on in my head while I am swimming. As you can imagine, that gets pretty boring. Now with the fancy new lap counter (that I have been using for over a month) I can just focus on stroke and actually relax while swimming. Other super cool functionalities - it give me my average lap time, total time, fastest lap and slowest lap. Very cool.

Kate - I am guilting you to actually post a pic of the lap counter as I am technologically impaired.

Other good news - Kate and I rocked the splash and dash last Friday.

Even better news - Kate and I head banged (that is, we really rocked it) the Lake Pleasant Tri on Sunday. The swim was great. Water was clear and warm. I focused upon my sighting by trying to sight as little as possible. Instead I was able to follow the bubbles of people in front of me. Good thing I started at the back of the pack. It also makes a difference when you actually have more than 6 inches of visibility. The bike portion was tough. Lots of hill work. Run was tough also. It was an out and back with the "out" being all uphill. Whew! And I won't even get started on all the bees at the finish area.

And the best news! - Kate took home a fancy new trophy! Woo hoo! First Place!

No comments:

Post a Comment