Sunday, October 24, 2010

4 weeks to go - 3 weeks of training

Well, it is crunch time!  I can't believe it is here already.  Wild.  I have a lot of work to do before the big race.  Today I road 78 miles followed by about a 30 minute run.  I need to get a schedule together for the last few weeks.  This is what it looks like so far.    I think I need to consult some of the other races for suggestions. 

10/30 - 112m bike
10/31 - ?

11/6 - 4000m swim & bike
11/7 - half marathon

11/13 - ?
11/14 - ?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, how did the ride go on Sunday? It was nice to meet you. Please be sure to post about your swim, any tips about the swim would be appreciated. My big training days are one more 110 mile ride and a 4000 swim, other than that just the usual swim, short runs etc. Good Luck with the half marathon too! See you in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melinda - The ride was just ok. We ended up getting a flat and getting caught by some very long lights (missing us completely) so I'm not sure what our real time would have been. The lesson I learned was that I need to speed through transitions and take as few potty breaks as possible to make sure I make the cut off. I also need to work on tire changing! I'll keep you posted. We can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hanging in there? I hope so getting, I'm definitely getting more scared. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete