Saturday, November 13, 2010

One Week OUT!

Well, I have my race outfit ready to go. I decided to wear ASU gear for IMAZ. I had my tribe's bike jersey but it got ruined during my bike accident. Oh well. My 7 year old said she likes the ASU gear better anyway. Who can argue with a 7 year old?

I am also starting to organize my gear a bit into the correct piles. It is interesting to think of all the things I will need along the way. I'm excited and terrified at the same time.

I told my husband tonight that I would have to sign up again if I do not make the cut off. He said "I know." Then he said, "I also know you will have to sign up again if you DO make the cut off to prove you can do it better!" Ha! He knows me so well. Earlier today I had already looked up when athletes can register before the race. I have to do it! I know I can train better. Don't get me wrong. I know I have come a LONG way this year. BUT I know I can do so much better.

This will be a heck of a week. I think I'm going to sign up for Irongirl tomorrow and get another long run in. It is easier to run if I have a race!

2 comments:

  1. Dang Kate. I just saw that date on my Active email list. I can't believe you're going to do it. You're a rock star! Once the swim is over, you're going to smash it. You got it. This week should be a light work load right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is. I'm pretty nervous but I'm trying to find my zen place. It will be what it will be and I'm only racing against myself. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete