Monday, March 8, 2010

Firebird Triathlon Race results

The race results are up for our triathlon.  Suzanne kicked BUTT and finished 1st in her age group and 8th overall for women.  She is a rock star. Peter did well too.  He was not a "Suzanne type" finisher but he did a good job. 

Here are my times for the event. 

Swim = 16.19 for 600m
Transition 1 = 2.50
Bike = 44.18 minute for 12 miles
Transition 2 = 1.56
Run = 37.32 minutes for 3 something run.  (people think it is long)
Total time = 1.42.56

At first I was really bummed with my performance.  The swim was not what I was hoping for.  I thought I had my open water swim panic issues under control so I was truly dissapointed I had to flip to my back to get my heart rate down.  After seeing the final times I am ok with this race.  It is the first race of the season and I'm just working out the kinks for the big race.  I have improved quite a bit from my first races.  I just need to keep moving and remember most people wouldn't even attempt something like this. 

1 comment:

  1. I have my 1st tri of the season this weekend. I don't even think I can touch your times but I'll tri.

    ReplyDelete