Sunday, October 11, 2009

Kate's Back

I haven't train for a while now. It has actually been a full month. For those of you who don't know, I've had two funerals, the flu and a sinus infection in September. I think I was physically and emotionally drained from the back to back deaths of my grandpa and my dad. During that time I had a very poor showing in the Open Water Swim portion of one race and I missed my San Diego race. (I'll tell you more about my swim some other time.)

Now I feel very behind on my training. I have to make up some ground very quickly. Peter and I will have to start our "official" 20 week training program in early November. I've rearranged my training schedule, found some new races and I think am ready to go. These are events that are paid for and quickly approaching:
  • Long course triathlon (11/8)
  • 10 mile all girls run (11/15)
  • 67 mile bike race (11/21)
  • Marathon in early January (26.2 miles)

This weekend was my first round of exercise since getting sick. I did a 30 mile bike ride with friends and completed a 4 mile run today. I think I'm ready to hit it hard again.

One quick weightloss note: I am down 14 pounds for the year. I feel great. My goal for October and November is to really concentrate on my food intake. I'd like to get another 10 pounds off before the big race.

Wish me luck!! I will need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment