Sunday, February 14, 2010

Good week for the Biking Ninja!

This was a good work out weekend for me.  I was able to do a couple things I didn't think I could do plus I received some good news. 

  1. Peter and I did a double work out on Saturday.  We did a 2000m swim followed by a 6.2 mile run.  I was so relieved that I was able to swim the full distance on my hurt shoulder.  Peter thought I was faster than I was before my injury!  YES!  I have been paying more attention to my form so that was nice 
  2. Today I went on a 65 mile bike ride.  I was so excited that I was able to complete the distance in a timely manner without my "girly parts" being damaged.  It was a beautiful day for a ride.  I ended up taking my longsleeve shirt off and then realized I was dressed in all black.  Jake said I looked like a Biking Ninja.  Made me laugh!
  3. Today I found out that I will have an hour and 29 minutes to finish the swim portion of my Half Ironman.  thank goodness.   I was worried about making the cut of time.  This time will give me some room to freak out and still make it!
I'm feeling much stronger and much more confident after each long work out.  40 days to go.  No time to mess around!

No comments:

Post a Comment