Sunday, February 7, 2010

Not a great week . . .

This was a very rough work out week for me.

This week i had my first day back in the pool since my accident. The swim was much more painful than I thought it would be. I was VERY discouraged. I could feel pain doing my warm up strokes. Not good. I am going to have to work my tail off to be able to do this race.

Next, it rained on the day i was going to do a nice long ride. Instead of 50 miles I only got in 20 miles. THEN during my 20 mile ride I got a flat tire. UGH. I started to feel like this was not meant to be.

I was sitting waiting for my hubby to come change my tire feeling very sorry for myself. I was thinking about how he would take me home and I'd probably go for a run. But then Ron came, changed my tire and i was back on my way. I had a great ride! I made good time and I know i am a much stronger rider than i used to be. Maybe I can do this?!

Yes, I know I can do this, but I will have to work my butt off until the race. Literally! I have to drop some more weight. I know I can do the bike. I know I can do the run. I just have to meet that swim cut off time.

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment