Monday, December 7, 2009

Bike Trainer

Way to go Katie!!! Personal best is awesome! Trujillo - you are a star too!

So I bought a bike trainer a couple weeks ago and it had been collecting dust in my garage. There are a variety of reasons for not using it. One: I am lazy. Two: I am a big chicken and afraid that I would break my bike in the process of securing it to the trainer. Three: It didn't seem like a great idea to set it up in the middle of the living room and take up what little free space we have downstairs. Fourth: did I mention that I am lazy?

Finally set it up this evening in front of the TV and next to the Christmas tree. My interest was renewed after reading an article in Triathlete magazine on the importance of bike training and how most people undertrain in that important area. The points of the article were that if you train more on the bike then your bike time will decrease significantly (of course) and more importantly, you will have more energy when you start the run. Sounds logical to me. My one long ride a week just isn't cutting it as I learned the very hard way during El Tour de Tucson. That sixty-six miles was a killer.

In short - Holy smokes! What a great workout. Sixty minutes on that bad boy wiped me out. My clothes were soaked about halfway into the workout. Completely drenched when I finished. Now I am feeling good and a bit tired. Most importantly I am feeling very pleased with my very efficient workout. Highly recommended. I am even thinking about jumping on the bike trainer again tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment