Thursday, December 3, 2009

Kate's update

Kate Checking in! Here is my latest update. Peter, Suzanne and I have a half marathon on Sunday. 13.1 miles of fun! Peter and I are supposed to be training for a full marathon in mid January. Peter has been doing a great job with his running. I have not. This half marathon will determine what I do for the full. If it goes terribly I might have to down grade to the half marathon. If it goes well, I will GO FOR IT!!

Work out: Today I went to my new YMCA and did an hour long bike ride on the brand new lifetime fitness bike. I chose the hill circuit called "around the world". It was fun and I like all the information the machine gives you. I was able to watch myself climb, see my heart rate, see my rpms and mph AND watch the news! I need to have someone help me with the bike seat and help me decide what level to start on next time. I just guessed at both of those. I figured I'd know a little more then the Teenage girls working the front desk. My goal is to up my work out hours and meet my training times that my training plan laid out this week.

Shoes: I got new shoes today! My in-laws got me a gift card to RoadRunner. I am supposed to be training for a marathon so I need to upgrade my shoe. It came down to the Brooks and the Saucony. The Brooks seemed too clunky compared to Saucony. I've been wearing Brooks and like them but the others felt so light and cushy. I'll take them for a test run tomorrow.

Wish us luck on the half marathon!

1 comment:

  1. Kate, I can help you with the bike seat. Give me a call, it's too long to explain written.

    ReplyDelete