Sunday, December 6, 2009

Good news! Personal Best!

Good news! I got my Personal Best time for the half marathon today!! Hooray! It was by 21 seconds. The best part about besting my best is that my old best time was from 2004. I was stoked! There is something to this cross training thing. The last half marathon I did was January 2009 and my time was over 3 hours. (I didn't train very well) This time is huge for me! Not only did I have a decent time I felt good the whole run and had a little extra in me to push at the end. I didn't hurt myself either. I felt great!

I really enjoyed this race. It was the Fiesta Bowl Half Marathon. The run was through Scottsdale. The race was well staffed and had our times every hour. This race also had the best medals and a nice technical shirt. Pretty cool.

Because this run went well, I am going to push through and gear up for the full marathon now. I have a long way to go this next 6 weeks!

PS - Suzanne had a personal best too!! (of course!) Peter . . . he opted out of this race for Vegas. I'm sure he would have had a great time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment