Wednesday, December 23, 2009

On Vacation

I joined the Tribe Women's Racing Team the beginning of December, paid my dues and will soon be racing in a pink kit. Awesome! And I'm so glad pink looks good on me. Ha! My only official team activity, though, aside from paying for my membership, was attending the monthly meeting in December. But I did run the Fiesta Bowl Half Marathon with Kate and had a great time (and ran a personal best by 16 minutes)! It was really cold out that morning, at least cold for Phoenix but come the middle of the race that was kind of nice. I would so much rather run in the cold than the heat!

The following weekend, after 1 final and one paper and before two more finals two days later we did the Usery Pass ride and I thought I was going to die. At first I was just fine but I couldn't get warm enough and all of a sudden I was so far behind everyone else! It sucked, really. So after loop one I ate, had a ton of water and pulled on borrowed gloves (thanks, Gary!) and we set off again. The sun came up high enough during the second loop, and the sugar + water + warmth helped me out a bit, at least enough to make it to the end. But I have definitely had better rides than that one!

Now home in Oregon for break I've been a bit of a slacker, sleeping in a lot and going to bed early and making batch after batch of cookies. I have gotten in a couple runs and a spin class, and bought a new pair of running shoes so am stoked about those (they're also pink. Theme here?); they're helping me to re-motivate, which is much needed right now!

So that's me! Merry Christmas and happy workouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment