Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Big Crash

Yes I crashed, I'm back, but I'm not 100% yet. Actually, I'm sore as hell!

This was my first bike accident and I'm very thankful I wan't going down hill at 35 MPH! I took a turn too fast and hit a brick subdivision wall in the Blvd. Yes, hit the curb and straight into the wall. UGH! I blew my tire and smashed the side of my helmet as I turned my face away from the wall. As a result, my shoulder took the full force of the wall. I was a mile from my house and I couldn't get ahold of anyone. I put my chain back on my bike and walked my bike the whole way home.

When I got home everyone said I looked like crap. I decided I should take a shower and regroup. I knew things were bad when I couldn't take my clothes off. I couldn't lift my shoulder. My MIL had to come in my bedroom and undress me. Embarrassing! Everyone said I should go to urgent care and get checked out. I was going to try to sleep it off but I was in too much pain.

Went to Urgent care and they said I seperated my A/C joint. 2nd Degree seperation. I didn't realize it at the time but I busted my knee. The shoulder was the biggest pain but as the day moved on I realized my knee was big and swollen. I also had a huge bruise on the opposite thigh. What a mess. They gave me vicodin and muscle relaxers. It helped but I was totally out of it. I've been off the meds except when sleeping the past couple of nights.

I've been doing little bursts of exercise. 30 minutes every other day. It feels like nothing compared to what I've been doing. I'm going on a ride this weekend too. I figure I need to get back on the bike right away.

I have a half marathon in a couple of weeks I'd like to do if possible. Our race is coming up too! We only have about 11 more weeks. The problem is I'm sore but I know I should be training. Push myself or rest myself? UGH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment