Tuesday, January 26, 2010

P.F. Chang's Marathon

So I did it. Finished my first marathon. Time 4:28. Overall pace was a 10:15 mile. Hooray!

Things went pretty well through mile 16. My pace up to then was a 9:30 mile. I was pretty psyched about that as this is significantly faster than I have run on my long runs. I felt like I was flying. That pace is probably why I started to drop off pretty good at mile 19. When I got to mile 22 I was able to clearly understand why people only run one marathon. I was not feeling so hot. The pain and tiredness was creeping in. I was ready to begin walking and maybe even laying down. Then I began to really admire those folks that are able to actually complete an Ironman. Seriously. I can't imagine completing a full marathon after a 2 mile swim and 100 plus mile bike ride. Insane.

I also can't imagine running with a 24 ounce can of Coors light. But that is what one of the guys near me was doing. I saw him at mile 20 with a beer and then crossing the finish line 6 miles later with that same beer. Crazy. Who does that?

Anyways, I am glad to have finished without any injuries.

March 27 Here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment