Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Spin Class = Ouch for Suzanne

Last night was my first spin class in about 2 weeks. Damn. It was NOT pleasant! And it wasn't even that tough of a class. So I guess that means I really did hibernate over winter break with my 12 hours of sleep a night and "big" runs of 4 miles (with hills!). What a rude reminder.

This week, including the spin class, I'll be on a bike 4 days: Tuesday spin, Thursday ride with Tribe, and then a two-day weekend cycling clinic with Tribe, also. Really going to get my rear end handed to me! But the clinic should be good, and will include nutrition information, a couple of shorter time trials and a core stability class, too.

Haven't been in a pool since the middle of November . . . oops.

And running, well, that's at least portable. I ran almost every day over winter break at home, although not always very far. I stayed at my mom's house that is on top of two giant hills, so that counts for a little extra. And my goal was only maintenance (or not sliding backwards too far) of fitness rather than to make leaps and bounds in reducing my body fat %. There were cookies!

So this week and next it's back at it because we are less than 11 weeks until go time. Go team!

No comments:

Post a Comment