Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Half Ironman & Ironman

My mind is racing thinking about how I'm going to do this 2010 Ironman race. I can not allow myself to think about it though. My goal is to give full attention to the Half Ironman in March. We are on week 18 and after this weekend I have a long way to go.

I have learned a few things lately though.
  1. I need to get a YMCA or gym membership so I can workout at night. I'm usually anti fitness center b/c I like to be outside but it is too dark in the morning and evening to do anything. A new YMCA opened up about 2 miles from my house so I think I will go there.
  2. I think I need to get my act/Sh$T together! Since time is a factor for me I will have to be as efficient as possible in my training. Understanding bike cadence and Heart Rate will make things so much better.
  3. Nutrition - I'm eating everything in sight. I always seem to think that a big workout or race gives me the green light to eat ALL WEEKEND long. I'm going to log my food starting now. I know 20 pounds will greatly help me before the Half Ironman.
  4. After 2 weeks on my plan it is obvious that my "planned to actual" workout times are not good. I need to come up with a better training system.
  5. I can't do all these little races in 2010. Heck, I've been doing a race almost every weekend this month. I am realizing that the races take away from my long training days. I want to be more selective in 2010. I want to have fun but balance it with good solid races that help my training.

I'm ready to let the training and the research begin. I want to successfully complete this Half Ironman without hurting myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment