Monday, November 30, 2009

The holidays are here!

I had the Holiday crazies this weekend. I was responsible for Thanksgiving dinner and with two little ones we had to get all the fun Christmas stuff going ASAP. We did the tree, shopping, present wrapping, and house decorating. I'm wore out.

Work outs: Unfortunately all the Christmas fun has cut into my workout time. I've missed 3 days or work outs. (1) I skipped the day after my long ride to rest. (2) I took Sunday off b/c it was my girlfriends 40th birthday. We had lunch, drinks and went to a movie. (3) I went to swim this evening with my new YMCA membership and the pool closed 5 minutes before I got there. Of course I was wearing my suit and flip flops so I couldnt' switch gears. UGH! I decided not to beat myself up about too badly. I needed to do everything I did for the family. I also feel pretty well rested. Tomorrow is another day.

Tri Training Plan: I have been off on my tri training plan. After the first 3 weeks of the plan I have been off by 3 hours, 2.5 hours, and 1.75 hours. Not the best. To help get my hours up I have signed up for a YMCA membership. It is brand new and only 2.5 miles from my house. My goal is to go over there after my kids go to sleep at 8:00. They also offer a 6:00 a.m. spin class. If I can get a few more hours in a week I will get myself on schedule. Now I think I have close the perfect set up. I have a top notch work out facilty at work, one close to my house for when I can't go during work hours, and great weather in case I miss both.

Bike ride: My 60 mile ride went really well. The ride was 58.5 miles and we finished in about 4:09:00. We were happy with that b/c that time included all of our stops. Our Tucson ride took us 5:03:00. Tucson was 66 miles so we did take some time of the ride. I started to have my ride break down around mile 53 this time. Ron thinks we should build on these rides - distance and speed. I'm up for that if I can get comfortable. We have also mapped out some great hills too. Hopefully I'll be ready for that HIM ride!

My lady parts were super sore again. We acted immediately this time. Ron bought me a new cut out bike seat so I'll give it a test spin soon. I also got some new Pearl I bike shorts. There is an outlet near us so we went and got some stuff. I got a jersy for about $45!! (Marked down from $89) The shorts were $90 marked down to about $54. If I was a smaller size I could have scored some cute ladies jerseys for about $15.

Eating: I over ate. Pecan Pie is SOOO good!

No comments:

Post a Comment