Monday, August 3, 2009

Info about Kate

OK. I thought I'd start this blog with the basics.

  1. Name: Kate
  2. Triathlon Training Name: I gave myself the name "Chocolate Thunder!" for training purposes. No one thinks this is a good name for me but I love it!!
  3. Age: 38
  4. Height: 5'11
  5. Weight: Big enough to compete in the "Athena" division for races but not big enough to be a "Clydesdale" (look that up!)
  6. Athletic background: I'm a former Division 3 college basketball player. I have run several half marathons and one full marathon. I've also done 4 sprint triathlons. Three of the four were done so Badly they shouldn't count. (Race 1) Got a flat tire in the bike but they let me finish without a time. (Race 2) During the open water swim I started to back stroke and turned myself around. I ended up going the wrong direction. The lifeguard had to boat out to me to let me know I was going the opposite direction. Embarrassing! (Race 3) I didn't train properly and it took 18 minutes in the pool for a 400 m swim. Embarrassing!
  7. Why the Half Ironman: Why not? I love setting a goals for myself. I figure if I didn't do this I would just sit around and not exercise. I need to get fit and healthy for my family. I figure by doing the races I would have to exercise and eat better.
  8. Weakest leg of the triathlon: I am weak in all three sports but I am most scared of the swim. I started adult swim lessons in January 2008. When I started I could only doggie paddle. After months of lessons, I can now swim 1000 yards without stopping.
  9. Toughest Challenge: Losing weight so I can gain some speed. I've logged hours and hours of exercise and the weight is just now starting to come down a little. I know if I was about 20 pounds lighter I could do better.
  10. Biggest Fan: Probably my daughter. She always thinks I am going to win the race no matter how many people are competing.
  11. What color is your bike helmet: Bright Yellow so people see me coming.
  12. Did you name your bike: Not yet. I'm trying to think of something witty but nothing is sticking.
  13. What have you enjoyed most so far about training: Taking long bike rides with my husband Ron. It is like "date night" on wheels!
  14. What have you enjoyed the least about training: Having my body not able to go as fast as I want it too!
  15. What is your Half Ironman goal: I want to finish the triathlon and meet all of the cut off times. I'm afraid I might be too slow for the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment