Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Weight Loss

One of the reasons I am doing the race is to lose weight. I have been overweight my whole life. I've seen my parents struggle with their weight as I grew up. I don't want the same for my kids. I want to be a healthy fit example for them. Right now about 30 pound overweight. Not good.

Since I started this process in March I've lost about 10 pounds. (Yes, I still have 30 pounds to go) I thought the weight would be falling off with all of the training I am doing but it isn't. Seems like I lose about a pound every other week. This training made me realize that my diet and metabolism are out of whack. I haven't figured out how to get them under control yet.

The cool thing is that my husband Ron has lost about 25 pounds. My activity level has been motivating him. He bought a road bike and has been riding with me. He has even been running a little too. I'm so proud of him.

This whole healthy living thing is a challenge. I'm going to start experimenting with different diets to figure out what works for my body. I also need to find a diet where i don't have to give up my red wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment