Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Info About Peter

I thought that I would follow Kate’s good example and also start with some basics.

Name: Peter

Triathlon Training Name: I don’t yet have a triathlon training name. I am certainly open to suggestions though.

Age: 36

Height: I say 5'9”, although there has been some dispute about this. There is a possibility that I may fall into the 5’8” category.

Weight: Just shy of the Clydesdale mark.

Athletic background: In the last 8 or so years I have run a couple half marathons and a number of 10k and 5ks. Last month I completed my first sprint triathlon up in Chino Valley. The Good news on that one is that I did not finish last in age division.

Why the Half Ironman: Kate talked me into it. Actually it sounds like a fun goal. I like the idea of training for multiple sports simultaneously, rather than just training for a marathon. That being said, I am kind of excited about training for a marathon and doing my first marathon as training for the Half-Ironman.

Weakest leg of the triathlon: I am also weak in all three sports and, just like Kate, I am concerned about the swim. I re-started swim lessons in March of this year. That was kind of crazy because I hadn’t really swam since I was a kid. As of today, and based upon my time in the Chino Valley triathlon, my weakest leg is the bike.

Toughest Challenge: Consistently getting out there and exercising. Getting out there 2-3 days is not that bad. It is hard to get out there 4-5 days though.

Biggest Fan: Theresa Rosier (my wife).

What color is your bike helmet: Black.

Did you name your bike: “Strawberry Sizzler” in honor of my wife’s bike when she was a little girl.

What have you enjoyed most so far about training: Seeing myself really progress in my swimming technique and endurance. Very satisfying considering I couldn’t swim 25yds without stopping just 3 months ago.

What have you enjoyed the least about training: I haven’t gotten to that point yet. Probably because I am not training enough.

What is your Half Ironman goal: To finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment